One of my biggest mottos in life is: There are two rooms of your home you should have passion in - the bedroom and the kitchen. Never be afraid to experiment and to put your heart into it. Never add too much spice because you can't take it back out.
SMALL NOTE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO JOIN... this is a drama-free community. There's an old saying out there, maybe your Grandmother said it a time or two; "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all." We're all adults here, please, let's act like adults and keep the snarkiness out of this community. Isn't the Internet already brimming with hatred and sarcasm? How about coming home to a nice, quiet, welcoming community. I've seen some other communities where the members tremble in fear to post because they are afraid of repercussions. I have a zero tolerance towards this type of blatant rudeness.
Give us a peek into your own private little world - your home and personal relationships! This community is a place to share ideas, ask questions, and post pictures of the things that are most important in our lives: our home and family!
We want pictures of your latest do-it-yourself project, your flower gardens, and your pets. Share your favorite recipe. If you have a useful household tip, share it here. Got a question and need some help, ask us, I'm sure somebody here can help. We can be a great resource!
This is place where members can learn - and teach - the art of domesticity. Enjoy!
A few simple rules:
1) Please post all photos behind an LJ cut as a courtesy (small pictures alright without a cut) to members on slow internet connections;
2) Please do not take credit for anything (photos, recipes, poetry, whatever) that you did not create. Always be sure to properly credit your source, be it a website, TV show, individual, etc.;
3) Please take your drama elsewhere. If you disagree with a member's comments, discuss them with maturity and respect. Please see the above disclaimer;
4) And speaking of being grown-ups, this community is open to members age 18 and up. ON second thought, I was a happy home maker at the young age of 16. I don't think I'll set an age limit.
5) Please keep all posts ON TOPIC. This means your post should be about domestic matters, personal relationships, hobbies, etc. It should NOT be a general post that you would put in your own personal journal;
6) It is NOT required, but as a way of introducing yourself to the community, please make your first post by completing the following membership questionnaire. The purpose of the questionnaire is to give other members an idea of who you are, what you enjoy, and how you view "domesticity".
~ Membership Questionnaire ~
My name is (required, even if you make something up):
My age is:
I live in (where in the world are you?):
My relationship status is (married, single, taken, etc.):
I live in a(n) (house, apartment, condo, etc.):
My children and/or pets:
My obsession of the moment is:
My favorite "guilty pleasure" is:
My favorite domestic activity is:
The domestic chore I hate is:
Are you a beginner domestic diva or an experienced pro?:
I found this community through (referral from member, community promo, random, etc.):
My favorite recipe is (put behind an LJ cut if it is lengthy):
NOTE: In addition to the membership questionnaire, we would like you to post a photo of something - it'd be great if it's a picture of yourself, but you may also wish to post photos of your child(ren), pets, your partner, or your home or garden, etc. Doing this helps to develop a kinship within the community, and allows us to put a face with a name! Please be sure to use an LJ cut as a courtesy to other readers!
I did not give birth to this community, it just happened to fall into my lap when the original owner gave up on it since I was the only one actively posting anything. I gladly took ownership and took this fledgling blog and nurtured it to what it is today... AND YOU DID TOO. I never expected it to get this big and have so many great members. You ALL add so much and are so helpful. It's amazing.